indulge in alfresco cooking and mesmerising campfires with your favourite person.
dormouse is the closest truffle to the cabin. you’re still far enough away to not see another soul (if it’s solitude you’re after) but you have the shortest walk for trips to the loo. keep a lookout for the mouse families who live near here – they’re very shy and very sweet.
inside your truffle there is a wood-burning stove, comfy solid wooden bed with sprung mattress, winter tog duvets for the night time chill, upcycled table and chairs, hammock and lots of blankets, books, games and low light lamps.
dormouse has a sheltered outdoor cooking area with your table under a canopy so no need to worry about a rain shower dampening your fun. all truffles have their own aquaforno (a cool combination of bbq and pizza oven), a simple gas hob (for a speedy morning cuppa) and a fire pit.
a short wander through the trees will lead you to the cabin which houses all the bathrooms and kitchen prep areas. each truffle has a private bathroom and its own kitchen area with fridge and sink. you also have a plug socket here for charging devices – this is the only area with power at honeydown as we try hard to remain offgrid as much as possible while still offering guests some home comforts.
there are five truffles at Honeydown, all around 50 metres apart. you may bump into other guests at the cabin, so there are opportunities to socialise if you fancy, but at your truffle you have your own private parcel of woodland.
The important stuff
- check in: from 4pm
- check out: by 11 am
- please note there are four other truffles on-site, around 50 metres apart
- please bring wellies if planning to explore the woodland!
- bring a torch for late night returns to your truffle – the pathways aren’t lit
- initial amount of firewood provided. extra can be purchased on site
- mobile phone signal for all main networks
- no WiFi
- one double bed with duvet, pillows and all linen provided
- extra space available for up to two children (from two years old) at additional cost. fold out beds with pillows, night owl sleeping bags or duvets provided for children
- babies are welcome at no additional cost (up to two years old), please bring your own travel cot and equipment
- private covered outdoor cooking area with BBQ, gas hob and pizza oven right outside your truffle
- your own kitchen prep area with fridge (with small freezer compartment) and sink with eco washing up liquid and hand wash a short walk away at the cabin
- outdoor kitchen equipment includes: kettle, plates, bowls, salad bowl, beakers, mugs, cutlery, saucepan, frying pan, colander, spatula, wooden spoon, cutlery, knives, scissors, tin opener, bottle opener, pizza cutter, pizza paddle and bbq tools
- your own allocated bathroom at the cabin with hot shower and proper flushing loo
- eco bathroom toiletries provided
- two bath towels and two hand towels (plus additional towels when booking includes children)
Heating & lighting
- wood burning stove in your truffle – first tub of logs with kindling and firelighters provided
- battery operated lights in the truffle and outdoor areas
- mains power at the cabin (bathroom and kitchen prep) with power socket for charging devices
- outdoor fire pit
our friends at cider vat farm shop have put together some lovely local food hamper packages which can be ordered as extras to be delivered to your truffle for your arrival. please note that orders will need to be made at least one week before your arrival date. a full list will be sent over with your booking confirmation.
we’re happy to organise bicycle hire for you. honeydown has easy access to several well-known cycle trails including the tarka trail. bikes can be delivered to honeydown for your stay.